Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jordan's blessing






We had Jordan blessed on the 7th of September. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of her that day, I know, bad mommy. But, I do have some pictures that we took of her in the dress when we did her newborn pictures, and I plan to get one of Danny holding her in the dress, probably next Sunday, then he will be in church clothes. I asked Danny if he would bless her for me while I was still pregnant, and both of us cried about it, big boobs, right? I invited my Uncle Kelly and my Dad to be in the circle as well. If Anthony and Justin had been able to be there, I would have loved for them to be in the circle, most of all, I wish Grandpa could have been here for it. But, at least I was able to use the dress he made. I am hoping I will have a boy one day, so I can use the blessing jumper he made for me. It was my wedding gift from him. He hadn't done one in a really long time, and I think he was a little if'y about whether he really wanted to do one, but he did, I guess because I was his Princess. I cried, Danny did a great job, and I am so grateful to him. But, I figured I would give him practice for when he had his own beautiful baby to bless with Ariane. There were a few memorable moments during the sacrament meeting that I have to post on here. The first was Aspyn, I am pretty sure neither she nor Delaynee have ever been to church. As they were passing out the sacrament, Aspyn turned to Diana and asked her what they were handing out, then she asked if she could have some. The other was when Noah was watching Aspyn play her Pet Vet game on her Nintendo DS. He kept saying, out loud might I add, "She's playing poker, she's playing cards." It was hard to hold it together. We invited our family over to the house for food after the blessing. We had spent all of Saturday making the house presentable. Considering the lunch was a last minute deal, we did a pretty good job of pulling it off. I was glad when the weekend was over, but it was nice to get Jordan blessed.

2 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Jordan's dress is beautiful! Sounds like a really fun weekend!

Heather said...

She is just so adorable and the dress is beautiful! I would love to see the jumper, too! Congrats on her blessing!